Saturday, May 18, 2013

Third Time's A Charm

There's a bit of a back story for this painting. Rita commissioned someone to photoshop a portrait of her family a few years back, because her son had passed away. Her granddaughter was not in the original picture but her daughter was. The picture was less than flattering as her daughter was hung over that morning, so Rita had asked for a different picture to be put in. Somehow there was a miscommunication and the hungover picture remained. A few years later, Rita's daughter begged her mother to have the picture redone correctly. She commissioned my brother to redraw the image and add her granddaughter. Somehow, my brother still ended up drawing the wrong picture of her daughter! Still hungover! Rita told her daughter that her brother was looking over her with a sense of humor because he apparently would not let the fact that she was hungover that day, pass. Years later again and Rita called me to see if I would be up for the challenge. I'm happy to say I have succeeded in at least ridding the drawing of the dreaded hangover. I haven't shown Rita her picture yet, but I am hopeful she will like it. In other news, Riley's due date is only 2 weeks away! We are anxious and excited and the nursery is complete. Now it's just a waiting game.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Larissa! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete